Child Safeguarding Assistant – National Office
At least a BA degree in psychology or related social field.
At least 3 years of continuous work experience in child safeguarding
40 hours a week.
The main work location is in Amman and requires transporting between Irbid and Aqaba.
Role and responsibilities:
- Follow up on implementing child protection procedures in villages and ensure compliance with the child protection policy.
- Prepare for meetings and workshops related to child protection in the three villages.
- Follow up the implementation of risk assessment plans.
- Prepare numerical & narrative child safeguarding reports by coordinating them with the National Child Safeguarding Advisor.
- Assist in preparing action plans by coordinating with the National Child Safeguarding Advisor.
- Raise awareness for children, youth and employees about Child safeguarding & protection.
- Train beneficiaries & employees about Child Safeguarding subjects.
- Prepare & submit the daily, monthly and yearly reports.
- Support the participation of children and youth in finding solutions and proposals for protection programs in villages.
- Conduct regular visits to the local National Child Safeguarding team to ensure the progress of Child Safeguarding programs in the villages.
- Coordinate implementation of the Child Protection Policy and related child safeguarding policy support documents in the member association.
- Ensure that the minimum requirements of the policy support document on child safeguarding reporting and responding procedures in member associations and the policy support document on child safeguarding investigations are met by the member association and all its programs, provide support to program child safeguarding teams.
- Collect lessons learned as well as identified challenges to ensuring that relevant preventive, awareness raising and capacity building measures are planned and further implemented.
- Identify capacity building needs on child safeguarding in programs and coordination with the National Child Safeguarding Advisor and HR
- Support development and implementation of necessary training tools and processes
- Facilitate internal and external knowledge sharing on child safeguarding with a strong focus on prevention and capacity building and coordinate with all governmental & organizations in all child protection matters.
To apply, please send your CV to: HR.SOS@SOS-jordan.org
Please use “Child Safeguarding Assistant” in the subject of the email.
Semi- independent Living Programme Coordinator (SILP), Location-Amman
SILP Coordinator will be responsible for SILP services for young people from one programme/ location who leave care from Children’s Villages, foster families and Youth Facilities. Youth age: 18-23 years old.
Please check the following link for more information:
Thank you for your interest in joining SOS Children’s Villages Jordan.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume
and contact us on: